BigFix Web Reports - Email Text

When I set up a Scheduled Activity in BigFix Web Reports, I check the “Email” box in the “Activity Actions” section, and then I start filling in the Text. All well and good so far.

However, whether I use linebreaks, whitespace, or HTML tags, the email sent will jam all text into a single line and concatenates whitespace into a single space.

Is there a way to add line breaks at least?
This is critical, as these reports offer no other way to document their function and intent.

Not a new issue, but prior discussion from 2016 produced no response.

Thanks!

What version of BigFix are you using?
Can you write an example of text sent and the mail received?
I tried to schedule activity with text that contains new lines and spaces and receive it correctly.
Thanks,
Cristiano

We’re using 9.5.14.

The text is:

Finds all devices which have or could have BitLocker AND have one or more drives with Decrypted status. NOTE THIS INCLUDES REMOVABLE DRIVES EXPECTED TO BE DECRYPTED.

BITLOCKER PROTECTION STATUSES:
On = BitLocker Running.
Off = BitLocker Suspended.

BITLOCKER STATUSES:
Fully Encrypted = Good.
Fully Decrypted = BAD.

BITLOCKER VOLUME TYPES:
0 = OS Volume.
1 = Fixed Drive.
2 = Removable Drives (eg thumb drives).

In an effort to avoid Outlook concatenating whitespace, I have 3 spaces at the end of each line including blank lines. This normally works for Outlook. (I have also tried without the 3 spaces, to same result.)

What comes out is:

Finds all devices which have or could have BitLocker AND have one or more drives with Decrypted status. NOTE THIS INCLUDES REMOVABLE DRIVES EXPECTED TO BE DECRYPTED. BITLOCKER PROTECTION STATUSES: On = BitLocker Running. Off = BitLocker Suspended. BITLOCKER STATUSES: Fully Encrypted = Good. Fully Decrypted = BAD. BITLOCKER VOLUME TYPES: 0 = OS Volume. 1 = Fixed Drive. 2 = Removable Drives (eg thumb drives).

I’m not sure why the difference. If it’s due to some quirk of Outlook/Exchange, the broad use of that platform might be a good reason to allow the use of HTML email bodies.

I have checked it.
As reported into the technical change list, this issue is fixed into version 9.5.15.71.
If possible you can plan an update to resolve it.

2 Likes

I regret that I can only heart this once.