BigFix Upgrade from 9.5.3 to 9.5.10

Hello All,

We are planning to upgrade our BigFix environment from V_9.5.3 to V_9.5.10, Currently, in our environment, we have win2003 servers with client V_9.2.5 or V_9.0.
I’m concern if we upgrade BigFix to latest version, Will win2003 client with V_9.2 or V_9.0 will be fully functional or there will be a lot of disconnect with BigFix.

Please suggest !!

Any update please!!!

I would expect those agents to be fully functional for their respective versions with either v9.5.3 or v9.5.10.

Also, in general, it would be good to update the agents on Win2003 to the latest 9.2 release.

That said, as always, we’d recommend testing in your own environment as well.

1 Like

Hi @Manish you wont be getting any problem, clients will be reporting to your console but the only problem you will get is you wont be able to make that system as a relay, wont be able to install Web reports and wont be able to upgrade the client version of that system. You will be able to do all the normal activities onto that system like sending patches ,software getting reports.

1 Like

I have upgraded BigFix from 9.5.3 to 9.5.10 successfully but older version of BESImportFile.exe is not working.
Can you please confirm if we need to download latest version of BESImportFile.exe ?
If yes can you please confirm the link…

FYI when using BigFixImportFile 1.3.exe getting below error
BESAPI.XMLImporter.ImportFile error: Database connection error: Database Error: The database being connected to has a database version of ‘Enterprise 9.72’, and this application requires a database version of ‘Enterprise 8.31’.

Given this error, I would not expect that BESImportFile would have worked with 9.5.3 either (which had a db version of 9.04).

For this type of functionality, we would really recommend leveraging the REST API.

Hi,

Now BESImportfile utility is working…I just updated the platform API to 9.5.10 and after that I am able to trigger action using BESImportfile utility.