BigFix Support Center Window

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hello.

This might of been answered once before, but how would I:

(1) Remove the progress tab from this window?

(2) Create offers that would show up in order? Meaning how are the offers sorted in this window (alphabetically?)

(3) Branding for the Dashboard tab (created by following the BES Admin Guide)

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey caifan,

Try:

1. Set “_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryModeUser”=“none”

2. I believe the default sortorder is “category” so you will specify the category to control the order

3. What info were you missing from the BES Admin Guide?

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hey Ben,

Where do I find the “_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryModeUser”=“none” setting?, ditto for the sort order and I wasn’t missing information from the guide, I followed the instructions to create the dashboard tab. I just wanted to brand it.

anyone?

I cant find the “_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryModeUser”=“none” setting…

Hi caifan,

I don’t think we have it publicly documented (until this post)… are you looking for information on how to change the setting or are you looking for more information about the setting?

And I don’t think it is possible to change the sortorder (except by picking different category names).

Ben

Hi Ben,

I want to remove the progress tab from the BigFix Support Center Window. If the solution is to make the change in the “_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryModeUser”=“none” setting, I cant find that file.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

anyone?

Hi caifan,

I guess I am not understanding you… I think the client setting I mentioned should do what you want (you should change the setting to “none”)… Instructions on how to set BigFix settings are under the section “How to Set a Configuration Setting” at http://support.bigfix.com/bes/misc/besconfigsettings.html

Ben

Is there a way to clear out the history? We’ve deleted the actions we want removed from the Support Center Window - using the BES Console, but they still show up in the progress tab as category “history”.

John

Here are the client settings that control the Client UI history:

History

Potential history modes:

“None”: The history option is not enabled, and no action history will be displayed.

“UI”: The history option is enabled, but the user will only be able to see actions that displayed UI.

“NonTrivial”: The history option is enabled, but the user will not be able to see some actions that are marked as “trivial” (this includes subscription and settings actions).

“All”: The history option is enabled, and will display every action that runs on the machine.

“_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryModeUser”

Default = “UI”.

This is the history mode displayed to a normal user of the UI. If this and the “Technician” mode are both set to “none”, the Client will not record history information.

“_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryModeTech”

Default = “All”.

This is the history mode displayed to a “Technician” user of the UI. If this and the “User” mode are both set to “none”, the Client will not record history information.

“_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryDisplayDaysUser”

Default = 30

This setting controls the maximum amount of history information the client will send to the UI, if history is enabled.

“_BESClient_ActionManager_HistoryDisplayDaysTech”

Default = 30

This setting controls the maximum amount of history information the client will send to the UI when the UI is operating in “Technician” mode, if history is enabled.

Ben