BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow

Hi Team,

We had an issue with BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow in the month of September -2020. The HCL Support updated the release will be updated next quarter . We haven’t seen any update for BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow .
Issue : Mapping Data to hardcoded cmdb_ci_computer table team updated the user input based is currently not supported.

Hello! Could you please provide additional context on the issue you’re experiencing here? I’m not sure that I understand from the description above.

Hi @Aram

We had a case opened with HCL after the we implemented of Bigfix Service Now Data Flow .
Our SNOW team didn’t want to map data directly to cmdb_ci_computer table . rather they want to push data to stagging table and then move it after validatation.

When we check with team they confirmed its hardcoded to “cmdb_ci_computer” table currently. But they are working on enhancement and make it dynamic.

We were expecting the updated release in 4th Quarter of 2020.

I see, thank you.

As you note above, the current version’s design is to map data directly into the cmdb_ci_computer table, though we are exploring expanding that to support other tables and data synchronization mechanisms with our ServiceNow Data Flow integration. However, being a roadmap item, it’s timeframe is of course subject to change (we do not have a committed timeframe at the moment, but will update here when we do have a better timeframe to share).

That said, I’m not sure if you’ve seen our Service Graph Connector for BigFix that may help here depending on your requirements and entitlements (i.e. requires BigFix Inventory). Sharing here just in case as it does support data mapped to multiple tables today, as well as the use of import sets.

1 Like

The service Graph Connector requires ServiceNow Licenses that we are not entitled for, hence our interest in this other integration.