The BigFix team is very pleased to announce the release of BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow! This integration enables organizations to harness the wealth of near real-time endpoint data that BigFix makes available to automatically enrich ServiceNow® CMDB. Conversely, it also provides BigFix with access to endpoint metadata and business contexts defined in ServiceNow® CMDB. This enables you to:
- Better discover, track, and understand your assets with BigFix endpoint data available in ServiceNow®
- Quickly identify, prioritize, and remediate issues by having the business context of your endpoints (such as Department, Location, and Environment) from ServiceNow® directly within BigFix. Even deploy actions targeting these attributes!
The main features in this release are as follows:
- Bi-directional data exchange of hardware asset information between BigFix and ServiceNow® CMDB
- Configurable mappings to define what endpoint data is exchanged in both directions
- Weight-based algorithm for machine correlation
- Ability to perform data manipulation using transformations
- Preview data to be synchronized prior to changes being made in either system
- Ability to throttle updates
BigFix ServiceNow Data Flow is currently available with BigFix 10 Patch, Lifecycle, Compliance, or Inventory.
For more information, please see the documentation.
– The BigFix Ecosystem Team