BigFix Server is an unmanaged asset

Hello

I just installed BigFix 9.5.14.73 on a VM with Windows 2012 R2, I installed the server, the client and the console. I also installed the BigFix client and relay on another physical computer. The problem is that the VM on which I installed BigFix Server doesn’t appear in the server inventory and not in the unmanaged assets, as if the client isn’t registered with the server. On the other hand, the client is clearly visible and uses the relay ‘itself’.

Can you give me an explanation or a solution to solve this problem?

Sincerely

I’d start with the client logs on the server, at __BES Client\__BESData\__Global\Logs to see whether the client service is actually starting and running correctly.

also by chance did you setup your masthead with a different name of your bigfix server name. If so you will need to create a DNS alias so it knows where to check in.

Hello Jason

Thanks for the answer, I think I have a problem registering the client with the server. I had to make several installations and uninstallations on the same server.

Can you tell me the easiest way to register the client?

Below is the last message in the log file

At 22:38:05 +0100 -
Failed automatic client authentication key exchange with server message: There’s already a public key associated with that id
Resetting computer ID
Relay selected: localhost on: IPV4 (Using setting IPV4ThenIPV6)
Client resetting

Regards

That says the client according to the DB already has a different endpoint associated with the computer id. That seems like something you need to investigate.