BigFix role to allow reading of analyses

(imported topic written by jdaly)

I have a member of our helpdesk group who I want to allow to view only the analyses (adobe, ms office, project). We have bigfix configured with LDAP when I create a new account for him I only have 4 available options master operator, custom content, other operator actions, and nonmanaged assets.

I dont see how I can granularly assign permissions. I wouldnt even mind if they could view everything in the console as long as they arent able perform any actions.

Any help is appreciated.

(imported comment written by martinc)

I think what you might need to do is use web reports.

Another option would be to create a custom site where you copy the analysis too then give them access to that site. The one thing that would still be outstanding is that they would see the BES Support site. You could hide all the fixlets there if you want.

(imported comment written by MattPeterson)

You could also check out four eyes approval. It basically allows you to create operators that cannot take actions without another, approved, walking over and entering their password. It might be a good fit for your use.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=ru#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Four%20Eyes%20Approval%20Capability