Bigfix remote control(trc) login failed

Hi,

We can not log in to bigfix remote control test enviroment. We tried logging in with ldap/ad. How can i this problem?

Error: Invalid username/wrong password. Login failed

version 9.1.4

Are you using the BigFix trial edition? If so log in as someone who has local administrative rights on the target workstation.

You can change the configuration of the remote control target by using the RC target wizard modify settings.

I’ll post more later.
-jgo

So by default the BigFix Remote Control agent will use the local administrators group on a device to determine the login capability for a device. If you would like LDAP group authentication i would do the following:

1. Use the IBM Remote Control Target Wizard in the BigFix console to create a new configuration referencing this authentication mechanism.
  2. Distribute the configuration from the BM Remote Control Target Wizard down to target machines.
  3. Add the LDAP group as a local group on the machines you wish to control.
  4. Launch remote control session.

Also, here are links to help pdfs related to the 9.5 versions of remote control:

ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Lifecycle/Remote_Control_Admin_Guide.pdf
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Lifecycle/Remote_Control_Controller_Users_Guide.pdf
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Lifecycle/Remote_Control_Target_Users_Guide.pdf
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Lifecycle/Remote_Control_Installation_Guide.pdf
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Lifecycle/Remote_Control_On-demand_Target_Guide.pdf
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/tivoli/IEM/9.5/Lifecycle/Remote_Control_Users_Guide.pdf

1 Like