BigFix Remote Control 10.0 FP3 is available

HCL Software is pleased to announce the availability of BigFix Remote Control version 10.0 FP3

*** New content:**

License verification
This is a new feature that verifies your licensing. Remote Control retrieves license information from your BigFix Server and indicates whether or not it is compliant. In case of non-compliance, the product operates normally but with warning messages displayed on the UI so you can take further action as necessary. You can also update licensing information to avoid non-compliance.

Database cleanup
As the number of targets present in the database also determines the license compliance, it is important to clean up the database periodically. The product now lets you automatically remove offline targets from the database. By default, the cleanup process runs every 24 hours. Cleanup is hooked to dbcleaner process and controlled by the target.offline.max.age property in trc.properties; with this property, you can configure the target cleanup to run automatically or indicate for how long a given offline target can be kept in the database.

Mouse Wheel support
With this feature, you can control the mouse pointer and scroll the views displayed on a remote computer when a remote control session is in progress.

Adoption of Open Liberty in place of IBM Liberty
IBM Liberty is replaced with Open Liberty. The adoped OpenLiberty version is 20.0.0.10.

Flash removal from BigFix dashboards
The BigFix Remote Control Console Content can now work without Adobe Flash.

*** Published site version:**
Remote Control, site version 68 (Build Number 10.0.0.0326)

With kind regards,
The BigFix Remote Control Team

After this change, we noticed our web reports servers showing the following error:

Background thread threw STL exception: File error "class FileNotFoundError" on "D:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer\wwwroot\SiteData\<BES Server FQDN>\Sites\Tivoli Remote Control\TRCEvents.beswrpt" : "Windows Error 0x2%: The system cannot find the file specified."
Tue, 29 Dec 2020 07:27:43 -0500 -- 1352 -- Background thread general file I/O error: 2

Hello, I tried in my environment with FP3 installed and the webreport worked, as shown in the below picture:

Please, check if the analysis 6, 12 and 20 in Remote Control site are activated and in any case restart the WebReport server.
What browser are you using? If you are using Internet Explorer, please try by setting Emulation 10 after cache clean up; you can try also by using another browser as for example Firefox.
Please note that with FP3 the reports are not using anymore Flash and so, after the site download, a service restart and a cache cleanup could be needed.
Please, let me know if you are getting problems yet.
Kind regards
Mariella