Bigfix Relevance to check the List of Installed applications on Client

Hi Team,

I want to extract the detailed Software List Installed on the Client threw relevance what is the best possible way to do this?

I tried with checking the Process but it only tells the running process.
(names of it, pids of it, pathnames of image files of it, version of image files of it) of processes

Is there a way out that by relevance we can check the List of Installed Softwares.

Thanks
DB

Hi Team,

I got one relevance on Bigfix bigfix developer site.

(names of it, versions of it) of regapps

Thanks

regapps doesn’t really correspond to all installed software (if for example you check the Add/Remove programs there will be differences), just heads up.

A few things to consider:

• There are out of the box analyses that will return basic ‘Installed Applications’ lists (based on what the OS recognizes as installed applications). For instance, depending on your license entitlement, please see the Application Information (Windows) analysis in the “BES Inventory and License” site.

• bigfix.me has some samples here that may be of interest as well (https://bigfix.me/analysis/details/2994653)

• BigFix Inventory can provide you much deeper visibility into the applications that exist and reside on your endpoints as it performs scans. It will identify and find applications that exist on your endpoints, but are not necessarily ‘installed’, or that the OS is unaware of. Additionally, it provides historical usage metrics associated with your applications as well.

Thanks Aram,

However we find this relevance -

unique values of (value "DisplayName" of it as string & " | " & (value "DisplayVersion" of it as string | "")) of (keys of keys "Uninstall" of it;keys "InstallProperties" of keys of keys "Products" of keys of keys "Installer\UserData" of it) whose(exists value "DisplayName" of it) of keys "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion" of (keys "HKLM" of it;keys of keys "HKU" of it) of (x64 registries;x32 registries)

Can you check its output and the compare with the one you shared the link.

Regards
DB

I’d suggest that it should be you comparing the output of the various options available to you :slight_smile: in order to gauge which best meets your use case and requirements.

As noted, there are multiple options available from the community-provided content on bigfix.me, to out of the box content in BES Inventory and License site, and to the more comprehensive scan and software catalog based approach of the BigFix Inventory product.

Thanks a lot :wink: i will compare

@Deepakbatra Just use BigFix Inventory Analysis You will get more details.