BigFix Relay caching flow

Hey all, I put this one under Content authoring because I am using a custom repo fixlet for upgrading to 22H2. I am attempting to only precache this ISO to an endpoint to make sure it gets there and the repo is working as advertised. I see the endpoint showing “ItemizedDownloadsAvailable: false”, assuming it is caching to the parent relay, but I cannot find an active download on the parent relay. The action is showing Pending Download - waiting for downloads to be mirrored).

Should I see the file downloading progressively under the parent relay folder \BES Relay\wwwrootbes\bfmirror\downloads\ActiveDownloads ? I couldnt locate any logs on the parent relay that would show anything that let me know it was downloading/caching the ISO. I know that the completed download will go to the SHA1 folder, but I’m trying to track down that active download and get some timing. I wasn’t sure if the caching flow was different compared to if I just manually cached it in the SHA1 dir, but I am guessing it is the same. I appreciate any info, thank you.

I let the download go for about 20 minutes and it never finished, so I stopped it. I went to the parent relay directly and in a browser, went directly to the custom repo folder and was able to download it within about 1 minute via http

Can you share the ActionScript you are sending to the client?

This was my mistake. I forgot the “/” on the end of the custom repository property, even though the action was showing “pending download”, right below it in smaller text I found the download error, and the “/” was missing. Fixed the property, working fine now. Thank you.

1 Like