Bigfix rapid query - has anyone heard of this?

I have heard this is a new feature coming out and seems to be a take off of tanium

Hey John, thanks for the question. We are developing BigFix Query which will be available in BigFix WebUI. It is a capability that will allow interrogation of the endpoints and get access to relevant data quickly. Recently we demonstrated this functionality at Interconnect & RSA conference and received great response & feedback from our customers. We are currently in the beta mode and have partnered with interested customers. Let me know if you would like to know more and we will be happy to set up a demo.

We are excited about BigFix Query and several other new capabilities that we have in pipeline. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

You can sort of do this in any of the older BigFix versions just by creating a new analysis property. Any systems getting UDP notifications will report back fairly quickly. (~45 seconds or so for a fast to evaluate query) This is how I have always done “remote relevance testing” and how I continue to do so now since I don’t spend a lot of time in the WebUI.

I tend to create new relevance with the help of QnA / the Fixlet Debugger, and then put it into a property to see what kind of results I get en mass and to see if the results make sense as I expect them to be.