BigFix Query -Uninstalling client and Processes Kill

Hello All,

Need help in getting solution for below queries

-> How we can uninstall BigFix Client from HP-UX Servers, I am using below action script to uninstall but it is not working out:-1:

wait swremove BESAgent-{version of client}

-> I want to kill all the processes on the client end which are consuming more than 15 percent of CPU. Please guide for the syntax which I can use in action script.

Thanks in advance!!

Well you probably won’t be able to remove the client while it’s still running, so try creating a script file with createfile until and then run it.

The script file would need to stop the BES Client before uninstalling it.

1 Like

Thanks let me create the shell script.
Once uninstallation is successful, will post the outcome.
Can you please give me some clarity on the second query please.

How do you stop a service/daemon on HP-UX? - Do That.

My second query is
I want to kill all the processes on the client end which are consuming more than 15 percent of CPU. Please guide for the syntax which I can use in action script.

So, on the endpoint machine, there will some 2-3 PID which will consume high CPU. So, I thinking to create dynamic action script which will find the highest amount of CPU consumed and will kill all those pid.
Need your input on this.

That sounds outright dangerous and I’m afraid I don’t have much to add to that. Except to say don’t do it.

(and to be clear, I don’t work for IBM or BigFix in any way. So it’s not BigFix being unhelpful, that’s all me.)