BigFix Platform 9.2 will be End of Support on April

####BigFix Platform 9.2 will be End of Support on April####

Please help on the below points.

After the EOS(End of Support) in April what all features will be disabled?
After the EOS what will be the challenge we are going to face?
After the EOS is there any impact on the endpoints which are reporting Bigfix Root Server?
After the EOS what feature we can still use?
Bigfix Version 9.2.13.7
Windows OS involved 2008 R2.
After the EOS BigFix WebReport, Relays, Clients & Console will work?

Hello Rishabh,
BigFix will not apply any enforcement to stop any scenario on platform 9.2, for the time being. It is possible that restrictions will be applied in the future.
For now, consequences of the EoS after April 30th are:

• Updates, including defect fixes and security vulnerability fixes, will no longer be made available
  • Customer support will reject support calls based on the fact that BigFix version is not supported.

Have you considered upgrading to a newer version? Do you have inhibitors?

Thx
Alessandro

Hello Adinia,

Thanks for the valuable information.

For upgradation we don’t have the admin license password that was created at the time of installation i.e. why we are planning to create separate instance.

If you could help me to recreate the Admin pass as per my understanding that password cant be rebuild. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

That is correct, if you are referring to the password for your license.pvk private key, that cannot be recovered.

That’s not a BigFix policy or configuration setting or anything like that, this is core cryptography. The license.crt is an X.509 certificate with a public key, the license.pvk is your encrypted private key, and the password decrypts the private key file.