BigFix Platform 8.0.627 Now Available!

(imported topic written by JonFan)

Hey everyone,

We just released a minor patch for 8.0, the BES Admin announcement is below. Let us know what you think!

-Jon

======

BigFix, an IBM Company, is pleased to announce the availability of version 8.0.627 of the BigFix Platform!

Version 8.0.627 is an update to the initial 8.0 release and includes several bug fixes and updates to various BigFix platform components and installers. Further details are available in the full technical change list posted at http://support.bigfix.com/bes/changes/fullchangelist-80.txt on the BigFix support site.

The initial 8.0 release introduced a streamlined user interface for both the Console and Web Reports, agents for new platforms including CentOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux, and SuSE 11, and relays on RHEL and Solaris. Additionally, seven languages are supported at launch for platform components: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.

The upgrade is available to all BigFix customers at no charge. BigFix recommends upgrading whenever possible to take advantage of the new features, optimizations, and bug fixes. As with all BigFix platform upgrades, you can upgrade any component manually or by using Fixlet messages available on the BES Support Fixlet site.

Additional Notes:

(imported comment written by ken@gracenote91)

So… what changes have been made in 627 ?

Also… I have updated all the clients and relays… but just now realized that I have to do a manual update of the server (remote db). My question is: how urgent is it that I upgrade the server, should I expect errors if I am running last version (8.0.5xx) server with 627 clients and relays ?

(imported comment written by JonFan)

Hi Ken,

The change list is posted at http://support.bigfix.com/bes/changes/fullchangelist-80.txt and calls out the specific differences from the initial 8.0.584 release to 8.0.627. The change list details the changes in the server and web reports. If you’re running into any of those issues, you might want to upgrade the server sooner rather than later. You shouldn’t have an issue running 584 server with 627 relays/agents.

-Jon