BigFix OSD deployment loops...

It fail and restarts again as loop.

in the main screen of bigfix i face the message: a loop has been detected for activity 148422653 when target was starting from network . after automatic driver binding WinPE engine is still missing some drivers for this model.

is that mean i have no compactible drivers to my target machine? if so, how should i know which is missing?

Thanks in advance.

@sergio_tarchi may be able to give better advice, but basically use the Driver Library dashboard.
Generate a binding grid for the WinPE image and the target hardware model. Not any devices that are missing drivers, and upload those drivers through the dashboard.
At that stage of OSD, I believe the drivers that matter most are going to be storage or network drivers. Other drivers, like video or audio, generally don’t matter at the WinPE level.

I had similar issue, the computer model was getting to the WinPE Environment but the Network Adapter was not recognized. as Jason mentioned , create Driver Binding for the WinPE image and the Computer model. On my case the Driver that was “Driver Bound” was from the Dell WinPE Driver Pack A30 - for some reason, it causes issues.

So I’ve uploaded the Network driver from the specific Driver pack model , bound it to the specific model and the created Binding Grid as before and edited the “Current Manual Binding” with the new Driver.

Of course , after assigning the Binding, make sure that the Update Driver Manifest action complete successfully and on the Health checks there are no sync errors - after that you can PXE again - https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/lifecycle/Lifecycle/OSD_Users_Guide/c_managing_bindings.html

1 Like