BigFix OS Deployment

We are having issues creating new Deployment Media - whatever option I choose it fails on the same step.

Wich is essnetially this :
continue if {exists file ((parameter “AGENTFOLDER” of action) & (parameter “LOGFILENAME” of action)) whose (exists lines whose (it as string contains “[AGTRC:0]”) of it)}

What can I do ? Have anyone encountered this issue ? I’ve found a similar topic but I didn’t found the solution there…

If I try to create an offline media instead it stops at the validation stage at this step :slight_smile:
continue if {exists names of drives whose (type of it = “DRIVE_FIXED” and name of it = (parameter “outputUSBKey”) and name of drive of system folder != (parameter “outputUSBKey”))}

Hi, what is the type of deployment media you are creating (Windows or Linux)? What is the environment level and what are the settings of the media?
What can you read in logs of Big Fix client that runs the media creation action?

Regards

We are trying to create a network boot media -

@bradsexton81 Take a look please.

Hello, yesterday we managed to create an ISO for Offline Deploy and we put it on a usb key. There is only one problem : we have those new computers with last generation BIOS that works only in UEFI mode and because of that it seems that the USB can’t be seen inside the boot menu.

Hi,
it’s not suggested to “inject all available Windows Pre-Installation Environment drivers” because some driver could conflict with similar drivers in your driver library or even with the target computer hardware.
It’s suggested to fill the driver binding grid for the target computer hardware, explicitly binding desired drivers to the PCI devices they apply to or manual binding them if they refer to non-PCI devices.
About the error:
continue if {exists file ((parameter “AGENTFOLDER” of action) & (parameter “LOGFILENAME” of action)) whose (exists lines whose (it as string contains “[AGTRC:0]”) of it)}
you should find a file named makewpeiso.log.[a timestamp] on the computer target of the action in the folder “C:\Program Files\Common Files\IBM Tivoli”, it contains more details on the error
About the failure on:
continue if {exists names of drives whose (type of it = “DRIVE_FIXED” and name of it = (parameter “outputUSBKey”) and name of drive of system folder != (parameter “outputUSBKey”))}
This occurs because it cannot find a “Fixed drive” USB media on the provided partition letter. It could be not present or present but of type “Removable” that cannot be used because not compatible with offline deployment on UEFI booted target.
Generally USB keys are “Removable” while USB disks are “Fixed disk”.
If you have to deploy only on BIOS booted targets, the Removable USB key can be used but it must have been pre-formatted. Let me know if this is the case and I can provide more details on this.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hey, how did you manage to get pass the error you initially presented?

Hello.
If you refer to the error error:

you should find a file named makewpeiso.log.[a timestamp] on the computer target of the action in the folder “C:\Program Files\BigFixOSD Files” if you are creating the media on the bare metal server itself, or in the folder %temp% if you are using a different computer pointing to the bare metal server: this file contains more details on the error

Thanks.
Sergio
BigFix OSD L3 team

I was able to resolve the issue. Seems like the wim file either didn’t download or timeout out while trying to download. If I download the wim file manually and place it in the temp folder media creation is using, it seems to work.