BigFix.Me slowness/unresponsiveness

Hello,

bigfix.me has been basically unusuable for me a while now, but recently I’ve also had issues setting up BigFix.me sync-- sites I am subscribed to via bigfix.me sync are failing to ever sync (same issue as here: Bigfix.me sync to console timeout errors). This has been the cause of a lot of frustration and I think the current state of bigfix.me is lamentable considering how useful it is, particularly to new BigFix users.

Are there any plans to fix performance of BigFix.me?

3 Likes

I don’t maintain it and have no details, but there was a hardware issue with the server that hosts the site and it was being worked on as recently as last week.

1 Like

Thank you for the update! Hopefully someone from the team can give an ETA.

I’m bringing BigFixMe down, adding resources, and bringing it back up. Something I’ve been meaning to do for too long. Sorry I didn’t do this earlier.

It is currently pushing the limits of it’s CPU & RAM.

1 Like

Thanks, you are the best!

1 Like

It is back up, and it seems like I gave it more resources than it is using, so that is a good sign. It was definitely peaking to 100% CPU before, and it is not doing that at all anymore.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am still receiving a ton of timeouts when trying to access pages on BigFix.me. For example, if I go to C3 Patch to snag an installer there is about a 5% chance that I will be successful on the first try, and maybe only like a 50% chance that I will eventually get the fixlet if I keep at it for an hour. If VM resources aren’t the bottleneck here, is there something else causing the site to drag?

Best,
Josh

1 Like

It is so very, very, slow… :frowning:

1 Like

I need to check on it again it seems.

I never did get a chance to investigate, but it seems much faster now.

Doesn’t IBM have three quantum computers you can sent it to? :yum: