BigFix Inventory VM Manager Scanner TLS

In the BFI VM Manager Scanner I thought there was a place to allow older TLS due to old vCenters but I can’t find where. Is this still possible to set so that the VM Manager Scanner can connect to old vCenters that run TLS1.0 ?

2021-08-03 13:32:42 : (vmmconf_139.properties) Some unexpected error occured.
2021-08-03 13:32:42 : (vmmconf_139.properties) com.ibm.license.mgmt.vmmanager.kvm.rhevm.RhevmConnector::connect:The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS12]javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS12]

From what I can see you can only change it as a setting on the vm manager tool and that would apply to all connections that it has, so be careful whether changing it to fix this one connection is not actually going to break any other that you have and are currently working. That said, the parameter that controls it is called vmm_rmi_protocol and is in the vmmmainconf.properties file (if you change it, you do need to reload the configs afterwards: vmman -reloadconfig).

The protocol that is used for communication with the service when issuing commands like: reload configuration or stop.

Unit: string (e.g. SSL / SSLv3 / TLSv1 / TLSv1.1 / TLSv1.2)

Default: TLSv1.2

vmm_rmi_protocol=TLSv1.2

is -reloadconfig needed or can the VMMan Tool service just be restarted?

Does TLSv1 means any V1* (v1.0, 1.1, or 1.2) or just TLSv1.0 ?

The restart of the service seems more intrusive to me than reloadconfig but I guess that should work as well.
The official documentation doesn’t elaborate on the value, so not sure. Might be worth changing and testing.