BigFix Inventory Portal is not accessible -

Hello All,

BigFix Inventory Portal is not accessible and I am getting below error, Please suggest what could have gone wrong.
BFI Portal Error

TemaDB Error

On my initial investigation, I created ODBC connection test:

1. Created empty file udl file on desktop
  2. Put SQL Server’s machine name (or IP) in displayed point 1 and user with his password in point 2
  3. Clicked on “Test Connection” button and test connection seems to be working out.

Secondly I tried to Telnet SQL Server on port 1433 from Application server, but the connection is not able to establish, Please provide your suggestion ?

So, as of now I am suspecting Once the port is enabled, Issue would be resolved.
Anyone please let me know your thought on the issue and potential remediation plan.

Regards,
Manish Singh

@MichalPaluch - Any Suggeation?

We are using custom port number So, port is also not an issue, Can suggestion or guidance would be appreciated.

The error indicates “login failed, database can’t be opened”. Is the database local or remote to the application server? Windows authentication or SQL Authentication? If Windows authentication, does the user running the service has access to the SQL server and the temadb? If SQL Authentication, does the SQL user defined has access to the temadb?

Its windows authentication in database.yml file and AD user is able to login in SQL Server and temadb

Can you log on as the same account used by the BFI service and try the test?

Also, enable debug, restart the application, try again and check the log to see if there are more details:https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/inventory/Inventory/probdet/r_server_config_log.html

Debug login is already enabled and it says 500 internal Error

I need to cross check, Let me login and see if udl test connection is successful or not.

I used the same account which is configured in BFI Services and I am able to establish connection from BFI Server to SQL Server.

I have opened Support ticket and currently working with them,

Can you check if BFI is running as local system or as the account which has access to the DB as @JasonWalker and @ssakunala mentioned.

Services is running as the account which has access to db Server and test connection I am able to establish between BFI Serve to DB Server.

When you say you can establish BFI to DB, you mean the ODBC connection.
Was the DB created by hand by a different user?

Did you already try to delete your local cash directory?

The error seems to pretty clearly be a logon error for the database account. I would double-check that the credentials you are using match what the data source is using.

If the SQL server was recently changed to require TLS 1.2, there are some additional configuration required for BFI which also might present as a database login failure, but wrong credentials are much more likely.

If the credentials has changed and you are unable to access the web interface, I’d check the steps at https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/inventory/Inventory/admin/t_moving_database.html to update the credentials and reconnect the database (backup the existing config files first)