Bigfix Inventory Client Device Metric

I notice that the “client device” metric quantity is still not reported in BFI 9.2.9. Is this going to be added soon? It is hard to believe that it is not already there since the Bigfix agent is reported as client device. It seems like the product should report its own inventory.

1 Like

Hi @mbartosh,

Have you followed the Activate license counting process as shown here?

The announcement for this capability is here. Your BES Support site version should be 1267 (or higher).

Short version: Activate the License Overrides analysis (2293). If the default metric shown on this analyis is not correct for your clients, use the Categorize ClientDevice clients Fixlet (2306) to Override the default metric. Sometimes, a client computer is misidentified by BigFix as a Server, rather than a workstation, so the default license type will be RVU. Next, use the Distribute site mapping file Fixlet (2298) to download the file to the subscribed clients. Finally, use the Generate BigFix License tags Fixlet (2305) to create the proper SWID tag on each client computer.

After the next import by BigFix Inventory, it will show the discovered (or overridden) license metric for each BigFix product in your environment.

The answer to my question, according to development, is that BFI does not calculate a metric quantity for Bigfix Lifecycle, Inventory, etc.

Ah - I see what you mean. While BFI does calculate the RVU Managed Activated Processor Cores metrics, there is no metric quantity shown on the top level for Client Device in the All Metrics report. Drilling down to the second level shows all the client device computers.