BigFix Inventory Catalog vs All Installed Windows Applications

Hello

I have a BigFix Inventory question, The inventory server/catalog is at version 10.0.3. In BFI the list of installed applications is much smaller that those displayed via the BigFix property “Installed Applications -Windows”. Honestly I find this very frustrating. May if not all of the application appearing using the BigFix property are also displayed under control panel uninstall a program, many can also be retrieved via regapps.

I understand that Inventory doesn’t care as it compares software signatures to a software catalog. The catalog only has 103,000 applications. How frequently is the catalog updated?

I am also wondering how other users are dealing with this? Creating a collection of custom catalog signatures seems to be labor intensive practice.

The Software Catalog gets updated almost monthly and once a quarter. Apart from Software Installations, there is Reports -> Package Data, that corresponds with the “Installed Applications -Windows”. The software Installations is for the sw that matches with Catalog and is usually tracked for license purposes.