BigFix Inventory capacity scan reapply

Hello,

I was reading the BFI manual for Capacity scan and I saw that the default reapply configuration is 30 minutes.
What are the risks or impacts if the account changes it to a higher value, like 2hours or once a day?

Can this action overload the Relay on large environments where there are more actions using the archive now feature?

No, it shouldn’t overload the relay. Although the scan period is 30 minutes, the results are still only uploaded daily (there’s a separate task for the upload).

If you are using IBM Subcapacity Licensing then there is a license agreement requirement to scan every 30 minutes. If you’re not using Subcapacity you can alter however you like.

Hi Jason,
Do you know if there is any impact to increase the scan period to a higher value?

Are you using subcapacity licensing from IBM ?

Impact is that you are no longer compliant with subcap, so you should pay full capacity license for products.

1 Like

Hi @MichalPaluch,

Where I can find more info about this subcap compliance rules? You mentioned that if I don’t use the default I will have to pay for the full capacity. That’s the information that I was looking for, where I can find the official statement about this?

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSKLLW_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.inventory.doc/Inventory/planinconf/t_initiating_capacity_scan.html

1 Like