BigFix Inventory application update 9.2.17
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v9 – version 130
BigFix Inventory delivers increased value and demonstrates HCL’s commitment to both HCL and IBM customers.
There are three key features of HCL BigFix Inventory 9.2.17:
- Equivalence to IBM License Metric Tool 9.2.17
- Software Catalog version 9.2.17 containing:
- IBM License Metric Tool Software Catalog version 220.127.116.11
- Added discovery capability for Microsoft Windows 2019
- Added discovery capability for components of Adobe Create Cloud 2020
- Added discovery capability for 1300+ other software versions
- Support for new systems
- Hyper-V 2019
- Linux VMs on Nutanix AVH (IBM Power only)
- RHEV 4.2 and 4.3 using new API available in RHEV-M 4.x
To view the full list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, see the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-18.104.22.168-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about discovery capabilities please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To browse the full catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
For current status of IBM validated releases see http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
Action to take
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory server to application update 9.2.17, run the Upgrade to the latest version of BigFix Inventory fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import.
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use this application refer to BigFix Inventory user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
– The BigFix Inventory Team