BigFix Inventory application update 126.96.36.199
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v9 - version 128.
This update offers new discovery capability for number of software components and contains selected improvements.
• Enhanced software discovery capability
- Java Runtime Environment
- Java JDK/SDK
- SAP Netweaver Business Client
- VMware vCloud Automation Center Agents
- VMware vCloud Automation Distributed Execution Manager
- VMware vCloud Automation Center Management Agent
- VMware vCloud Automation Center Server
- VMware vCloud Automation Center WAPI
- VMware vCloud Director
For more information please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To browse the full catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
• Scanner version 9.2.17.0000 improvements
- Scanner discovers number of sockets on E7 series of Xeon processors.
- In hardware scan output CoreCount fields in LogicalDomains group on Solaris are filled with correct values.
- Scanner retrieves the values for Manufacturer, Product, SerialNumber and Type fields on Solaris x86 local zones.
Install or Upgrade Scanner fixlet version is 188.8.131.52 and the following fixlet description is not translated: Linux version of the scanner requires the following library: libstdc++.so.6. Additionally, the scanner on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 requires the following library: libnsl.so.1. For more information, see the product documentation.
- Disconnected scanner packages contain previous version of the scanner.
• Oracle Feature Health Check analysis is updated
The following defect is fixed.
KB0073472: For large environments, Analysis with ID 2001 (Oracle Feature Health Check) generates too much data to load in the BigFix Console.
• Support for new platforms
On the endpoint side:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0
Note: The scanner requires libstdc++.so.6 and libnsl.so.1 library.
Action to take
Installation of this content pack does not upgrade the BigFix Inventory server.
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory scanner, run the Install or Upgrade scanner fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability for version 9.2.11 or higher, run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import. For instructions of applying the content pack on older versions, see: Updating the software catalog to ensure accuracy of software reporting in the user documentation.
To learn how to get the application update and deploy it as well as to view the full list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, see the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-184.108.40.206-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use this application refer to BigFix Inventory user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
– The BigFix Inventory Team