BigFix Inventory application update 10.0.5.0
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v10 - version 142
BigFix Inventory delivers increased value and demonstrates HCL’s commitment to both HCL and IBM customers.
There are eight key features of HCL BigFix Inventory 10.0.5.0:
• Improved contracts management – contracts can now be defined for products and any license metrics using new All Contracts report and accessed through the new Contracts section available in the main dashboard
• Unified software inventory view is available through API (combine software instances and package data) for simplified integrations
• Suppress Package Data option is available in the UI to suppress data that is not relevant for reporting or integration
• Support for BigFix Platform Server Based Computer Groups to enable cloud specific reporting
• Support for MS SQL 2019 as a server database
• Technical equivalence to IBM License Metric Tool 9.2.23
Note: As usual, the new version is still under certification process by IBM on the release date. To view the status of IBM validated releases refer to: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
• Software Catalog version 10.0.5.0
Added discovery capability for 350+ software versions for number of software titles and publishers, such as Adobe, Citrix, Microsoft, SolarWinds, Symantec, VMware and many more.
• Security enhancements
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty is updated to version 22.214.171.124
- IBM Java JRE is updated to version 126.96.36.199
- Several other libraries are updated
To view the complete list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, refer to the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-10.0.5.0-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about discovery capabilities, please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To view the complete catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
For status of IBM validated releases, see http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory server to application update 10.0.5.0, run the Upgrade to the latest version of BigFix Inventory fixlet from the BigFix console.
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory scanner, run the Install or Upgrade scanner fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability, run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import.
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use BigFix Inventory application, refer to the user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
– The BigFix Inventory Team