BigFix Inventory application update 10.0.4.0
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v10 - version 140.
BigFix Inventory delivers increased value and demonstrates HCL’s commitment to both HCL and IBM customers.
There are eight key features of HCL BigFix Inventory 10.0.4.0:
• Redesigned File Facts import for optimized resources consumption and import duration.
• More granular version discovery for number of software titles, in particular non-Windows software having discovery rules based on package data version.
• Support for older format of ISO SWID tags (ISO/IEC 19770-2:2009) and processing of incorrect ISO SWID tags for enhanced discovery.
• Custom metrics for software classification can be added now using API.
• Extended License Usage API for integration with other licensing tools like IBM License Service Reporter.
• Technical equivalence to IBM License Metric Tool 9.2.22
Note: The new version is usually still under certification process by IBM on the release date. To view the current status of IBM validated releases refer to: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
• Software Catalog version 10.0.4.0
Added discovery capability for 350+ software versions for number of software titles, such as Adobe, Citrix, McAfee, Microsoft, SolarWinds, VMware and many more.
• Security enhancements
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty is updated to version 126.96.36.199,
- IBM Java JRE is updated to version 188.8.131.52,
- Several other libraries are updated.
To view the full list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, refer to the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-10.0.4.0-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about discovery capabilities, please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To view the full catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
For current status of IBM validated releases, see http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory server to application update 10.0.4.0, run the Upgrade to the latest version of BigFix Inventory fixlet from the BigFix console.
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory scanner, run the Install or Upgrade scanner fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability, run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import.
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use BigFix Inventory application, refer to the user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
– The BigFix Inventory Team