BigFix Inventory application update 10.0.2.0
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v10 - version 136
(Note: site name remains IBM BigFix Inventory v9 until refreshed)
BigFix Inventory delivers increased value and demonstrates HCL’s commitment to both HCL and IBM customers.
There are eight key features of HCL BigFix Inventory 10.0.2.0:
• Ready-to-use reports for Adobe, HCL, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and VMware available on the new default dashboard
To learn more about vendor-specific predefined reports, refer to https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/Inventory/softinv/c_vendor_specific_reports.html
• Installation path is shown also for non-IBM software in the Software Classification report
• Support for ISO/IEC 19770-2 software identification (SWID) tags for patch level discovery
• Improved API to reduce the server memory utilization and optimize the response time
• Optional feature: User management actions available in the Audit Trail report
• Technical equivalence to IBM License Metric Tool 9.2.20
Note: The new version is not yet certified by IBM. To view the current status of IBM validated releases refer to http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
• Software Catalog version 10.0.2.0
Added 70 new software vendors and discovery capability for 600+ software versions for number of software titles, such as Adobe, Citrix, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and VMware.
• Security enhancements
- To maintain security, IBM JRE is upgraded to version 184.108.40.206
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty is upgraded to version 220.127.116.11
- Several libraries including jQuery and Ruby on Rails are upgraded.
To view the full list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, refer to the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-10.0.2.0-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about discovery capabilities, please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To view the full catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
For current status of IBM validated releases, see http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
Starting with BigFix Inventory version 10.0.2.0, updates to licensing definitions and bundling information for IBM products are available only with updates to BigFix Inventory server code.
For details see BigFix Inventory and IBM Catalog Product Definition Changes
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory server to application update 10.0.2.0, run the Upgrade to the latest version of BigFix Inventory fixlet from the BigFix console.
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory scanner, run the Install or Upgrade scanner fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability, run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import.
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use BigFix Inventory application, refer to the user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
– The BigFix Inventory Team