BigFix Inventory application update 10.0.1.0
Main catalog version: 10.0.1.0
Endpoint catalog version: 2638546
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v10 - version 134
(Note: site name until refreshed is IBM BigFix Inventory v9)
BigFix Inventory delivers increased value and demonstrates HCL’s commitment to both HCL and IBM customers.
There are six key features of HCL BigFix Inventory 10.0.1.0:
Software Catalog version 10.0.1.0 that contains
- IBM License Metric Tool Software Catalog version 22.214.171.124
- Discovery capability to collect evidence about usage of Oracle Java Commercial Features: ‘Java Flight Recorder’ and ‘JRE Usage Tracking’
Package Data report is updated with data from Solaris IPS package manager
More custom software classification rules can be defined now to automate classification process
Technical equivalence to IBM License Metric Tool 9.2.19
This version is certified by IBM. For current status of IBM validated releases see http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
Enabler for reporting IBM Cloud Paks
- BigFix Inventory reports information about utilization of license metrics by non-containerized products that are installed as part of IBM Cloud Paks.
- To maintain security, IBM JRE is upgraded to version 126.96.36.199.
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty is upgraded to version 188.8.131.52.
- Several other libraries upgraded.
To view the full list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, see the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-10.0.1.0-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about discovery capabilities please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To browse the full catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
Action to take
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory server to application update 10.0.1.0, run the Upgrade to the latest version of BigFix Inventory fixlet from the BigFix console.
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory scanner, run the Install or Upgrade scanner fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import.
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use this application refer to BigFix Inventory user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
– The BigFix Inventory Team