BigFix Inventory application update 10.0.0.1
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v10 - version 133
(Note: site name until refreshed is IBM BigFix Inventory v9)
BigFix Inventory delivers increased value and demonstrates HCL’s commitment to both HCL and IBM customers. This update offers new discovery capability and contains selected improvements.
Enhanced software discovery capability
- IBM License Metric Tool Software Catalog version 18.104.22.168
- Added discovery capability for 800+ software versions including multiple additions to enterprise Microsoft, Symantec, Hewlett-Packard and Oracle software
- Enhanced discovery of Detailed Component Version for Microsoft .NET Framework, Oracle GoldenGate and Open JDK
- Discovery of Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise, Enterprise Evaluation, Standard, Developer and Express editions
- 5 Ideas for software discovery delivered
Scanner version 9.2.19.0000 improvements
- Scanner discovers number of sockets on E7 series of Xeon processors.
To view the full list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, see the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-10.0.0.1-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about discovery capabilities please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To browse the full catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
Action to take
Installation of this content pack does not upgrade the BigFix Inventory server.
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory scanner, run the Install or Upgrade scanner fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import.
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use this application refer to BigFix Inventory user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
- The BigFix Inventory Team