BigFix Inventory application update 10.0.0.0
Published site version:
BigFix Inventory v10 - version 132
(Note: the site name until refreshed is IBM BigFix Inventory v9)
BigFix Inventory delivers increased value and demonstrates HCL’s commitment to both HCL and IBM customers.
There are six key features of HCL BigFix Inventory 10.0.0.0:
• Detailed Component Version discovery is available out of the box for:
- Oracle Java Runtime Environment
- Oracle Java JDK/SDK
- Oracle Weblogic
- Oracle Weblogic Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Weblogic Suite
• Software Catalog version 10.0.0.0 containing:
- IBM License Metric Tool Software Catalog version 188.8.131.52
- Added discovery capability for 400+ software versions for number of titles including BMC, Citrix, EMC, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Red Hat, Oracle, SAP, VMware, OpenJDK software
• DB2 11.5 support as BigFix Inventory server database
• Enhancement of computer_hardware API and Computers report with parent hostname information
• Validated equivalence to IBM License Metric Tool 9.2.18
• Security Enhancements
- To maintain security, IBM Java JRE is upgraded to version: 184.108.40.206.
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty is upgraded to version 220.127.116.11
- Several libraries for Ruby on Rails component upgraded
To view the full list of new features and defects that were fixed in this application update, see the following link: https://support.bigfix.com/bfi/BigFix-Inventory-10.0.0.0-ReleaseNotes.pdf
For more information about the discovery capabilities please refer to Catalog Release Notes: https://software.bigfix.com/download/tema/catalog/BFI_catalog_release_notes.pdf
To browse the full catalog content, use the Software Components report in BigFix Inventory.
For current status of IBM validated releases see http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/passportadvantage/SubCapacity/BFI_and_HCL_FAQ.pdf
Action to take
To upgrade the BigFix Inventory server to application update 10.0.0.0, run the Upgrade to the latest version of BigFix Inventory fixlet from the BigFix console.
To apply new discovery capability run the Software Catalog Update fixlet from the BigFix console and then wait for the next data import.
For more information about how to install, maintain, and use this application refer to BigFix Inventory user documentation: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/welcome/BigFix_Inventory_welcome.html
– The BigFix Inventory Team