BigFix Installation on Photon

Hi,

I’m trying to install BigFix on a Virtual Server with the Operating System of Photon 2.0.

Since there is not install for photon I’m trying the Redhat version using the below command;

rpm -ivh BESAgent-10.0.3.66-rhe6.x86_64.rpm

resulting with the below

warning: BESAgent-10.0.3.66-rhe6.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 16055553: NOKEY

I have grabbed the masthead.afxm from http://server:52311/masthead/masthead.afxm and renamed this to actionsite.afxm placing it in /etc/opt/BESClient as per the instruction but I still get the NOKEY message and the software is installed as if i try run this again i see package BESAgent-10.0.3.66-rhe6.x86_64 is already installed.

Next issue is when i try to run /etc/init.d/besclient start I get the below;

Starting BigFix: BESClient: /opt/BESClient/bin/BESClient: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]

Any assistance is welcome,

Thanks,

Hayden

This indicates that the libacl.so.1 library has not been installed on your Photon instance. You will likely have to go through this process for all required libs that are missing. This is due to the minimal nature of Photon OS.

Update >> I downloaded and installed Photon OS 4 full version into VMware Workstation and had no issues installing and starting the BESClient using the 10.0.3.66 RHEL installer.

Please note that while this does appear to function, Photon OS is presently an unsupported OS. I would recommend submitting a BigFix Idea to add support for Photon OS if you plan to leverage this distro going forward.