BigFix Initiate Software Scans Failing

I have about 63 Windows Servers that have been failing the initiate software scans. Now these servers are not managed by my team but they do report to our instance of BigFix as mandated by our agency. These servers haven’t been working with the initiate software scan for a while now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the bigfix agent and the scanner, which didn’t resolve the issue. The scans are also failing on about ~70 linux servers but on a different line but that’s for a different topic I’ll open.

The fixlet fails on line where it says “move __appendfile “{parameter “resultPath” as string}sua_package_data.info””

The error from the log that I obtained that might be relevant is below:

“Command failed (Move of ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis__appendfile’ to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\sua_package_data.info’ failed (5 - File error “class FileMoveError” on “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis__appendfile” and “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\sua_package_data.info” : “Windows Error 0x5%: Access is denied.”)) move __appendfile “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\sua_package_data.info””

Any help would be appreciated.

As a test, see whether you can delete C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\LMT\CIT\sua_package_data.info on one of the servers manually.

that file doesn’t exist.

Ok, I think you’ll need to open a support case then to troubleshoot your configs.

Turns out that the issue was caused by the AV software blocking .info extensions. Once those extensions were allowed, the software scans and catalog downloads were able to process successfully.

3 Likes