BigFix Infrastructure Monitoring Solutions

Has anyone built any custom monitoring solution to monitor the BigFix Infrastructure?

I’m looking to maybe build or add to something already out there to give a one stop shop that gives a status of all the parts you’d like to have monitored from a purely infra standpoint.

I know there are multiple ways of monitoring different parts of the infra using things like:

• Web Reports
  • Relay HC Pages
  • Deployment Overview
  • Deployment Health Checks

At the moment I’ve set up a Web Report to let me know when Relay servers are offline - nothing fancy just a send email when report changes and monitor frequently sort of thing on the last report time.

I’ve also set up some basic log monitoring on Splunk to identify errors as they come however there are way too many unknown errors to be able to configure that report correctly, you really would need to know every single possible error that the logs could show before getting it bang on.

Last but not least, we have monitoring on the services using home built applications and also NAGIOS to get alerts on high CPU, RAM, Services etc…

Beyond that, all I’m doing is checking the pages above.

What are you doing? Do you have a one stop shop?

(posting to in order to monitor this thread)

2 Likes

Where? lol

I think I’m missing something :smiley:

I clarified my post. :wink:

1 Like

There aren’t any. There was a sub-product in production called Hero that was meant to monitor BigFix services, but it never went in production although it had some very good ideas (predictive failure; machine learning; KPIs; etc). That’s led me to login an idea/rfe for this particular reason to create the necessary integrations/KPIs with enterprise level monitoring systems. Ecosystem - Monitoring System Integration