BigFix-ILMT server from RHEL 6 to 7

Hello,

We have our existing BigFix ILMT server in RHEL6, which we need to migrate to RHEL7.
Existing versions are:

BigFix 9.5.11.191
DB2 10.5
ILMT 9.2.16.0

Now I got all in all installer package ILMT_Install_Lnx-x86-64_V9222.tar.gz (not able to find previous version package), which consists higher versions than existing.

My question is, if I backup database and BigFix, ILMT config etc, will it be compatible with the higher versions ?
Has anyone experienced such scenarios ?

Jyash,
Few things to consider here.
When BigFix is migrated from one server to another, if the same servername/IP specified in the masthead is not kept, the clients will be reset and will get a new identity. This will result in new SW instances in ILMT and will require rebundling for report purposes.

Also mixing the server migration and upgrade to newer version can cause compatibility issues.

Have you considered:
Upgrading the current server to the latest versions and then migrating to the new server? This can be achieved by using the upgrade tasks from the BigFix Console.

Hello @ssakunala,

We want to use same masthead, keys. So planning to change hostname and ip of new server to match the existing.

So do you suggest it is better to first upgrade LMT from console? then I understand we also need to upgrade DB2 and BigFix as well.

Jyash,
Yes, when moving from one server to another server, it’s better to move on same version. So if same version installers are available, then use them to move to new server.
Other wise, upgrade to the latest versions on the current server and then move to the new server with the same versions (you can save the installers and use them on the new server if needed)