BigFix Exit Code : 123 & 1603

Hi All,
We are using Bigfix 10.0.3.66 Console version and BES Client 10.0.3 version . I have deployed 3rd party software action and got Exit Code : 123 and another one Exit Code : 1603.

Can i know what does that exit code says.

Thank You,
TJ

Those exit codes will be from the application / OS itself.

Typically BigFix will not return exit codes like this unless defined.

1 Like

What is the 3rd party software you were installing?

That looks like an MSIExec standard exit code, but that is only true if you were installing something using an MSI or using an EXE that uses an MSI under the hood.

To further restate what @FatScottishGuy is saying, these exit codes do not come from BigFix, they are just reported by BigFix from whatever you ran with BigFix. BigFix itself does not technically have exit codes for it’s run/wait commands. The only exception is if there is a error invoking the executable referenced by the run/wait command, in which case the exit code actually comes from the process creation API from the operating system which is being used by BigFix. This happens if you give it a bad path or if the path is not readable.

See here for MSI Exit Code 1603: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/ccfda1f5-4601-0cbc-07b2-9ecc93f009be

I am just now realizing that @Jalimanchi didn’t even specify this was on windows, if it was not windows, then I have even less of a clue, I just assumed it was Windows because exit code 1603 is a common MSI exit code.

I need a lot more context to answer this question any more, like what the actionscript was, what the app being installed is, etc…

1 Like

Hi jgstew,

I’m trying to upgrade the latest version of PowerBIsetup .exe file. Rest of the .exe files i’m able to deploy successfully with Exit code : 0.

Thank You,
TJ

What is the full actionscript command you are using to install PowerBI?

Also, look here since it should be relevant: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/ccfda1f5-4601-0cbc-07b2-9ecc93f009be

For PowerBI Desktop, I would recommend trying the following:

wait __Download\PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe -quiet -norestart ACCEPT_EULA=1 INSTALLDESKTOPSHORTCUT=0

I have seen this error with PowerBI in particular. It might mean that a reboot is required or something else.

Thank You for your kindly support. I will check on this.

I’m deploying software’s on Windows Workstations from BigFix

Thank You,
TJ

but using what fixlet or task? with what relevance? what actionscript?

Is this custom content? or content from an external site? What is the title?