BigFix Excel Connector

Yeah web reports is working fine on browsers. Tried Chrome, Firefox and IE. All working ok with no errors.

I found out what the issue was. Web reports was recently locked down to only use TLS 1.2 with the _WebReports_HTTPServer_RequireTLS12 registry key. As soon as i turned this off and restarted web reports all stared to work again.

Is there a plan to get the excel connector working with TLS v1.2? As we are planning on enabling the enhanced security mode which i believe only uses TLS v1.2 so we may encounter the same issue.

Thanks,

Ian

Mr. Wei,

I appreciate the Big Fix Connector, and look forward to using it to save a lot of time.

Right now our Excel doesn’t trust Big Fix Connector. Is there anyway to digitally sign this macro?

Thank you in advance.

Jack

@bs61014 Hi Jack, What version of Excel are you using?
Thanks for the reminder, I will look into signing this for the next upgrade.

Lee Wei

I am using Excel 2013, 32 bit.

I appreciate your response.

Do you know when the upgrade is coming out? Is there anyway of signing the current version in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Jack

@bs61014, Jack, I am writing and contributing as a community member, so not thinking about getting a cert from a CA. All the paths that I have looked into to get a cert takes a while (because of verification), sorry!

I am looking at the excel connector and a bit confused on what options I need in order to obtain a particular report. Management wants to get a list of patches every month and the # of servers this particular patch was applied to. They don’t want the server names just the number of servers it was applied to.

Any help would be appreciated. BigFix Reporting is not suitable because of the export/printing severly lacks. I can only report on screen rand cannot save a report to PDF for CSV.

Can you not use the Remediated Computer Count field under the Fixlet to determine the number of computers that had the patch applied?

If I am looking at Bigfix and looking at the source fixlet for instance MS16-009 I have no Remediated Computer Count field. So where are you talking about?

After careful review of the connector and all the options, I found what you were talking about. I am by no means a master of excel. I stumble by :smile:

No worries… I am glad I helped you out. We are always learning about the great tools that are available to us.

Hi,

Is there any option to find the group based action list (or) property in IBM Bigfix Excel connector?

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

Hello @Nagaraj, would you mind asking the question again and provide more details?
Sorry that I don’t understand what is meant by your question.

Hi,
Sorry for my previous one,
Please find the below screenshot

in that can we add a filter base on Computer group?

Hi Lee,

Can we add a column name “Patches Fixed Date” in the “Result of Action” column fields,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

Hi @Nagaraj, the available columns/properties are dependent upon the Object (like a table).
“BES Fixlet” does not have a Computer Group property.

I am also not able to get Action Start/End Dates from Result of Action.
The reason for this is that the SOAP API used does not return those columns.

2 Likes

Hi Leewei,

Thanks for your updates,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

Hi Leewei,

I am getting error “Unable to connect to remote server” The Login information is working fine in web reports. I am not sure what the issue is here. I am using Office 365 and Bigfix Excel connector version 3.3.7.0.

Any pointers what could be the issue ?

Thanks,
Abhijit

Is there any way to have this add-in signed by IBM so it can be a trusted provider?

@ctan, this is a fair and great question.

Since the connector is not an IBM supported engineering product, I can’t have it signed.
I had looked into doing this personally, but it cost a bunch to get a signing key. :slight_frown: