BigFix Excel Connector

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Keverhar,

There are 2 types of Relevance statements.

Sessions Relevance is ran against the IEM Server and has objects like BES Computer, BES Fixlets, etc.

Client Relevance is meant to be executed on individual computers, with objects like Registry, File, etc.

The statement you have above is a Client Relevance which and it will not work in the Session Relevance Editor in the Excel Connector.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by UrosZ)

Superb, great tool!

One question though. If I choose active directory security group in BES computers is it possbile that any secutity group found would be in separate cell? Now all security groups are in one cell.

Same goes for application.

PS:

I cant seem so find a way to collect computers which are members of specific security group. Is this even possible?

Thanks again,

Uros

Uros,

If a property returns multiple values, we have the option of whether to output within one cell, or as many cells as there are results.

Please see the attached picture for more info.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by NirajG)

Thanks Lee Wei for the multiple values property to many cells mapping. This is really helpful for Windows Application inventory report.

Concationation of multiple values is possible in web reports?

Thanks

Niraj G

(imported comment written by F6D8_Nate_Marks)

Hello,

Awesome tool! I think we have found the answers to problems we were having with Web Reports, namely outstanding fixlets only showing 1000 lines.

I do have one question though. Is there a way to combine imported saved queries into one query? For example, we have multiple customers being patched by Bigfix. Each of these customers their own CID and operator so that we can log into the console separately as each customer. (Over 2,500 computers between them all). So in using the Excel connector is there a way to see outstanding fixlets for just one customer at a time? I don’t see any way to combine or add the CID option in on the outstanding fixlet query.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply, and no, the tool is not built to combine multiple queries.

The queries are basically Session Relevance generated.

You will have to use the Wizard to generate any new queries that the add-in knows how to consume.

Lee Wei

(imported comment written by D7MA_Kevin_Renshaw)

HI Lee,

Great tool!

I would like to find a way to retrieve the value of the Analysis results… im using -> Query wizard ->Results of BES Fixlets , but this does not seem to provide that value; have i missed something ?

Kevin.

To get Analysis properties, you select “BES Properties” object, not the “Results of BES Fixlets” object.

See the attached picture for what to expect.

Lee Wei

Is there a way to get the latest version of the BigFix Excel Connector from another site? It seems that this site is being blocked by ***“The Man”***…

:wink:

http://support.bigfix.com/labs/downloads/Tivoli_Endpoint_Manager_Excel_Connector_Setup_v33.zip

Thanks gearoid!!!

Bob_K

1 Like

@leewei

I’m trying to extract data using the Excel connector 3.3
There are two properties in BES Computers -> Client administrators and Free space on system drive.

I’m not able to fetch the actual values from web reports.
Client administrators is fetching results like: __op_102, __op_106.,
Free space gets converted automatically to GB’s.

Is this a default behavior or product issue?
Please help me in fixing it.

Thanks in advance.

The Client Administrators property does not necessarily provide ‘friendly’ usernames (particularly with new users). This is not a behavior of the Excel Connector, but rather of BigFix itself. That said, you can map the values returned by the ‘Client Administrators’ property to a friendly user name with the following session relevance:

(name of it, masthead operator name of it) of bes users

The Excel Connector does tweak the output of the Free Space on System Drive property (very cool feature!) by assigning it a custom cell format. If you would prefer that the units are consistent, you can modify the cell format for this column to ‘Number’, which would then return the results in megabytes.

2 Likes

Thank you Aram for the clarification and it works.

Hello,

We have recently changed the certificate on our web reports from SHA-1 to SHA-2 and since then the connection from the BigFix Excel connector to web reports is being refused.

Is it just not compatible with SHA-2 or do i need to do something else to get this to work?

Thanks,

Ian

@IanR2974, sorry I don’t know the answer to this question.
Before I set up an environment to test this, what is the error that you are getting?

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the response. The error is “The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occured on a send.”

Thanks,

Ian

Are you able to connect browsers on the same computer as the excel connector to your web reports server ?

Yeah web reports is working fine on browsers. Tried Chrome, Firefox and IE. All working ok with no errors.

I found out what the issue was. Web reports was recently locked down to only use TLS 1.2 with the _WebReports_HTTPServer_RequireTLS12 registry key. As soon as i turned this off and restarted web reports all stared to work again.

Is there a plan to get the excel connector working with TLS v1.2? As we are planning on enabling the enhanced security mode which i believe only uses TLS v1.2 so we may encounter the same issue.

Thanks,

Ian