BigFix DSA Reality Bites Hard

Running BigFix version 10.0.8. We have had DSA running between two datacenters for a year now. The other day our principle data center suffered serious tornado damage. We lost the infrastructure that hosted our primary BigFix server. We were able to have the top level relay failover and directed people to the backup terminal server. We are being told that it will be quite awhile before any infrastructure is in place to rebuild the principle BigFix server. How do I make the backup BigFix server the new primary BigFix server? Any best practices in this situation?

Hi Peter,
You can switch the primary root server over pretty easily. Follow the steps here: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/platform/Platform/Config/c_switching_the_master_server.html

As for best practices…I think once you get this taken care of you should quickly get another DR plan in place via another DSA server or other techniques like what we have here.

I’m sure some of your old pals in PS/AVP can give you advice also, if you need it. :wink: