BigFix does not fetch RHEL7 patches list

Dear all,

I am having a strange problem with BigFix. While I can see the list of patches for RHEL6, I cannot see any patch relevant to RHEL7. I have put the correct certs (double-checked), I have updated the RHSM plugin, I have put a machine that has never been patched…

I cannot think of anything else. Any hints?

Thank you in advance!

Are you leveraging the correct/latest RHEL 7 patch site? There’s also a requirement for the v2 RHEL DownloadPlugin to be installed and properly registered.

Download plugin only handles the rpm downloading part with the cert.

For the content to show up in the console, you need to enable the RHEL 7 site and make sure your endpoints subscribed to it.

Dear all,

Thank you for your replies. The RHEL7 site is enabled already. I already use the v2 RHEL Download plugin (RHSM) and it is already upgraded.

However, in the license overview, I see no subscribed computers under the Patches for RHEL 7 site, even though I have more than one RHEL7 machines with the BESClient installed.

Thank you in advance

Hello again!

Found out what the problem was! In case someone is interested in the future, go to BigFix Management >> License Overview >> Select you site and check the option “All computers”

Once again, thank you all!