BigFix Documentation Practices

Hey #BigFixers - a documentation question for you…please answer in the comments with your preference based on the number below.

Please let us know your preference regarding BigFix product documentation.

• I print the documentation for reading later and prefer PDF and/or downloadable PDF
  • I would like a downloadable offline version in HTML
  • I only use the online content and don’t use local documentation.
  • I use the docs both online and offline – when offline, I expect it to be PDF
  • I use the docs both online and offline – when offline, I expect it to be HTML

0 voters

2 Likes

My choice would MOSTLY be 3, however there have been times in the past when I occasionally traveled, and being able to have the document in a PDF that I download to my laptop and/or iPad can be super helpful.

So looking to the past, and hopefully future, when business travel will be a thing again, I would go with choice 4 so that I can occasionally have a searchable PDF to read on a plane.

1 Like

Thank you! I was recently informed that I could do an actual poll here in the Forum, so I’ve reformatted. If you could vote again it would be awesome, and I appreciate the extra effort!

4 Likes

I voted “Both docs, online but want offline PDF”

It’s primarily online for me, except I find that the PDF sometimes has information that is not in online. Also, sometimes I get better search results in the offline PDF as it’s multiple pages vs. online… especially when I search the archive of PDF files, as again sometimes the documentation only exists in older copies of the PDF.

I’ve closed the poll here for now, but if you still have feedback you’d like to share, direct message me here and I’ll get in touch with you directly.