BigFix Console showing no data

Hi All,

When i am login in to my console, i am not able to see any data. its just a blank frame of BigFix Console. And giving me below error-

File error “class DirectoryNotFoundError” on “C:\Users\itops1\AppData\Local\BigFix\Enterprise Console\10.144.18.29\bigfixadmin\Sites\BES Support\BESDomain_3_0.xsd” : “Windows Error 0x3%: The system cannot find the path specified.”

HTTP Error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer: Recv failure: Connection was reset

i have cleared the cache. AV is disable but still nothing fixes the problem. On BigFix Server console is working fine.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thank You in advance.

Hi, are you using airgapped environment?

Hi @Jay

We are not using airdropped environment. I have just installed BigFix Console in default drive i.e. C Drive and i have also checked the connectivity from that system to BigFix Server/DB Sever on 52311/1433 and its proper.

Thank You

Suggest you open a support ticket.

I’ve seen this under several circumstances -

• antivirus blocking the content on the console (Symantec, McAfee)
  • HIPS blocking the same (Carbon Black)
  • cache directory has wrong permissions because console was previosly “Run aa Administrator”. Delete the cache directory.
  • cache directory is locked because you have a command window open, and ‘cd’ into thr cache directory trying to see why one of the earlier is happening.
1 Like

Thank You @JasonWalker

Looks like you are launching the console from a session that doesn’t have access to the console file:

C:\Users\itops1\AppData\Local\BigFix\Enterprise Console\10.144.18.29\bigfixadmin\Sites\BES Support\BESDomain_3_0.xsd

Please login as “itops1” and verify that the above file exists and that the specific user can access it.

Hi. Just had the same issue.

Problem was that Console was installed with errors.

• No registry keys for BigFix
  • No data in AppData\Local folders.

Resolved by running BigFix Removal Utility (version for my console was “unknown”) and deleting console from my PC.
Then took “setup.exe” and “masthead.afxm” files from BigFix Server (from BES installers folder) and install Console from scratch.

Now console is working correctly.