Updated CIS Checklist for Windows 2012 R2 DC to fix bugs.
CIS Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 DC, v2.3.0
CIS Checklist for Windows 2012 R2 DC, site version 10
(The site version is provided for air-gap customers.)
Fixed and improved implementation for the following checks:
• (L1) Ensure ‘Always install with elevated privileges’ is set to ‘Disabled’ (B).
• (L1) Ensure ‘Do not preserve zone information in file attachments’ is set to ‘Disabled’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Enable screen saver’ is set to ‘Enabled’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Force specific screen saver: Screen saver executable name’ is set to ‘Enabled: scrnsave.scr’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Notify antivirus programs when opening attachments’ is set to ‘Enabled’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Prevent users from sharing files within their profile.’ is set to ‘Enabled’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Screen saver timeout’ is set to ‘Enabled: 900 seconds or fewer, but not 0’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Turn off toast notifications on the lock screen’ is set to ‘Enabled’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Password protect the screen saver’ is set to ‘Enabled’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Windows Firewall: Domain: Logging: Name’ is set to ‘%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\logfiles\firewall\domainfw.log’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Windows Firewall: Private: Logging: Name’ is set to ‘%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\logfiles\firewall\privatefw.log’
• (L1) Ensure ‘Windows Firewall: Public: Logging: Name’ is set to ‘%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\logfiles\firewall\publicfw.log’
The relevance is fixed to check only interactively logged on users instead of matching all SIDs under HKU. The SID’s that don’t log in interactively are excluded.
Actions to take:
• To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using BigFix version 9.2 and later.
• If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://ibm.biz/Bd4LBt.
To know more about the BigFix Compliance SCM checklists, please see the following resources:
• Developer Works:
• BigFix Forum:
We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective. Thank you!
– The BigFix Compliance team