Updated CIS Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Centos Linux 7 Benchmark with bugfixes.
CIS Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Benchmark, v2.2.0
CIS Centos Linux 7 Benchmark, v2.2.0
CIS Checklist for RHEL 7 site version 27
CIS Checklist for Centos 7 site version 17
(The site version is provided for air-gap customers.)
Fixed and improved implementation, measured values return sensitive data for the following checks:
- Ensure all users last password change date is in the past
- Ensure password fields are not empty
- Ensure password expiration is 365 days or less
- Ensure inactive password lock is 30 days or less
- Ensure password expiration warning days is 7 or more
- Ensure minimum days between password changes is 7 or more
- Ensure permissions on all logfiles are configured
Actions to take:
To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using BigFix version 9.2 and later.
If you use custom sites, update your custom sites accordingly to use the latest content. You can synchronize your content by using the Synchronize Custom Checks wizard. For more information, see https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/compliance/Compliance/SCM_Users_Guide/c_using_synchronize_custom_checks_wiz.html.
To know more about the BigFix Compliance SCM checklists, please see the following resource:
BigFix Compliance SCM Checklists:
We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective. Thank you!
– The BigFix Compliance team