Client Manager for Endpoint Protection (CMEP) now has more complete support for McAfee VirusScan 9.x for Mac OS
1. New fixlet to restart the service for McAfee VirusScan 9.x
Title: McAfee VirusScan Not Running - McAfee VirusScan 9.x for Mac
A new fixlet is added to allow an operator to restart the service of McAfee VirusScan 9.x if it is not running.
2. Updated analysis for McAfee VirusScan 9.x
CMEP’s support for McAfee VirusScan 9.x has been updated/improved to provide more analysis information.
Title: McAfee VirusScan 9.x for Mac - Client Information
The following properties are updated/added to provide more analysis support:
- McAfee Client version.
- McAfee Virus Engine Version.
- McAfee Virus Definition version.
- McAfee Client Status.
- McAfee Virus Definition Installed Date.
Client Manager for Endpoint Protection, site version 4372
Actions to take:
• To subscribe to the above site, you can use the License Overview Dashboard to enable and gather the site. Note that you must be entitled to the BigFix Compliance product and you must be using BigFix version 9.2 and later.
• Gather the indicated (or higher) Client Manager for Endpoint Protection site version.
To know more about the BigFix Compliance: Client Manager for Endpoint Protection, please see the following resource:
We hope you find this latest release of CMEP useful and effective. Thank you!
The BigFix Compliance CMEP team