Bigfix compliance - Adding Exceptions in bulk

I have created below RFE for one of the use cases which my client needs. To summarize…

Right now, the only way to add exceptions to SCA\Bigfix Compliance is either adding all checks from a checklist or selecting one by one.
But for a long checklist that has 300-400 fixlets, adding even 100 of them manually is a tedious work.

Whenever we make modifications to some SCM checks on the bigfix console (export -> modify -> upload), the fixlet id’s for the checks change and the exceptions are invalid. And we have to re-add the exceptions. Doing it over and over consumes a lot of time which can be eliminated if there was a provision to do it in bulk or via rest api.

There should be a provision to input a list of fixlet id’s and exceptions get populated. Or specify a site name and names of fixlets.
Another option would be to provide a way to do this via rest API. We could then automate it so that it saves time.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=123975

Please upvote if you think it makes sense. Any suggestions on an alternate way to do this which I might be missing is welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like