BigFix Cloud Information

Hello,

I am interested in leaning more about what type of information can be brought back by BigFix after the plugin portals have been configured for AWS and Microsoft. Is there detailed information about what data BigFix brings back from those vendor API’s? Thanks in advance.

This link seems to have all the data properties listed. Note those not all properties are available on all machines - it’s all dependent on the Cloud Providers and what information they have available in them.

Thanks this is a great start. Follow up question, if the cloud provider provides additional information beyond these items, can you create a custom property to bring that back leveraging the cloud vendors API? If so is this documented? I a not sure if relevance would be used for this type of activity or something else. Thanks again for the help.

This is probably a much deeper conversation about what you are actually trying to accomplish, but the short answer is, if it is available via the Cloud Providers API, it is likely that you could pull it into BigFix somehow.

Similarly to what Jared said - it could possibly be the case but even if it is possible it would require RFE/idea and HCL committing to it. The integration is not very customizable at the moment - in fact for me even bigger problem is the fact that you can’t filter the data coming in any way. For example, we have some cloud instances running network appliances; firewall devices; applications; PAAS; SAAS, and the Cloud integration brings those in but you can never really have agent installed on those devices, so it’s pointless to have them. The entire use case is to discover instances that are missing from BigFix and allow you to deploy agent (or long-term offer some agentless management) but for some of the examples listed above that is never going to work, so displaying them just causes more confusion than it solves problems currently… I have operators asking me “whey do we have hundreds of cloud instances with no BigFix agent on them?”