BigFix Clients are not reporting to console even they are live

Can anyone help me out for the solution for BigFix clients not reporting issues. I have all most 37k clients on my console out of that only 13k to 14K endpoints reports on daily basis. How can I make all the clients report to console. I’m using BigFix ver 9.2.13.7.

Hi @Rishabh. I think we need a little more info to be able to help… I presume you have a number of Relays installed to handle all 37k Endpoints, I also presume that the Endpoints can both Ping the Relays (or at least one Relay) and connect to them on port 52311.
Is it the same 20k+ EPs that don’t connect or a random selection?
Are the failing ones out on the Internet rather than inside your network? If outside, are you using DMZ relays or relying on VPN connection?

Hi Dave,
I have 11 DMZ relays as considering current situations all most max eps are connecting over the internet. I have added the DMZ relay setting to the ep’s but still, they aren’t reporting to the servers.
a small doubt in my mind whether the issue is not related to the older version of BigFix as I’m using 9.2.

Hi @Rishabh
9.2 is getting on a bit, but should be ok.
If the EPs are not connecting to the DMZ relays at all, there could be a number of reasons, e.g.

1. The EPs do not know about the DMZ relays - how did you tell the EPs the addresses of the relays? There is a great utility for examining what the client knows about relays, see: https://bigfix-wiki.hcltechsw.com/wikis/home?lang=en-us#!/wiki/BigFix%20Wiki/page/Relays.dat%20Parser - assuming you can get access to a remote device that’s not working.
  2. DNS names of relays are not resolvable - look for the RegisterOnce entries in client log file
  3. Relays are not accessible because of a firewall config etc.
  4. Use of DMZ relays require a number of settings to be used (some may not be available in 9.2 - I’d need to check)
  5. Something else!
    Difficult to diagnose here without asking for lots more details and log files etc so iif you can’t get it resolved, I suggest you reach out to HCL Support, or to your BigFix Technical Advisor or BigFix Professional Services as they can work directly with you to get this sorted.