BigFix API to fetch applicable patches

Hi All,

Is there any API URL link to fetch All applicable patches or category wise patches

Please suggest if this is feasible using BigFix API

If you would like to return all applicable patches at once (especially if you want to have fairly granular filtering options based on categories or otherwise), it is likely best to leverage the /api/query resource (https://developer.bigfix.com/rest-api/api/query.html) and pass the appropriate session relevance query.

Here’s a sample session relevance query:

(display name of site of it, name of it) of bes fixlets whose (applicable computer count of it > 0 AND display name of site of it starts with “Patch” AND display name of site of it != “Patching Support”)

This should be URL-encoded, and passed as a URL parameter called "relevance’ to /api/query. You can also include an optional URL parameter to define the output format (i.e. XML vs. JSON with XML being the default). Here’s an example given the query above:

https://bigfixserver:52311/api/query?output=json&relevance=%28display%20name%20of%20site%20of%20it%2C%20name%20of%20it%29%20of%20bes%20fixlets%20whose%20%28applicable%20computer%20count%20of%20it%20%3E%200%20AND%20display%20name%20of%20site%20of%20it%20starts%20with%20%22Patch%22%20AND%20display%20name%20of%20site%20of%20it%20%21%3D%20%22Patching%20Support%22%29

3 Likes

Thank you sir let me try something similar to it

I made some progress by trimming it down based on my requirements however

Now I am trying to fetch what all patches installed with specific date using API but I am not able to get it however I am able to get what all patches using 2024 year dated patches using below relevance

names of it, (values whose (it as string contains “2024”) of results from (bes property “InstalledOn”) of it as string), (values of results from (bes property “HotFixID”) of it), (values of results from (bes property “OS”) of it)) of bes computers whose (exists values whose (it as string contains “2024”) of results from (bes property “InstalledOn”) of it

Now I am trying to modify the relevance to get specific date like 4/13/2024 any suggestions would help