Bigfix Analysis for Application Name Venafi

Hi,

I am planning to create a new Analysis of a certain application name Venafi Agent.
Under the Windows registry path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
these are the details:
DisplayName: Venafi Agent (64 Bit)
DisplayVersion: 17.2.0.0

Can you help me on what should be the properties statement to get the App name and its version?

Thanks.

If you can run the QNA tool on a machine with the agent installed, try:

regapps

it should be in the list of registered applications. If so, name of the executable should be listed in the first column. For instance, here’s the data for Acrobat Reader DC on my system:

"AcroRd32.exe" "18.11.20038.5321" "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC " "18.11.20038.267465" "Adobe Systems Incorporated"

Once you know the name of the agent as it is registered in the system, then use the following relevance to return true or false, after you substitute for the actual name of the executable, of course:

exists (regapp whose (name of it contains "<name of executable>" and version of it = "17.2" ))

Analysis:

Property "Venafi Agent Name"
Relevance:
values "DisplayName" whose (it as string starts with "Venafi") of keys of keys "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of (x32 registries; x64 registries)

Property “Venafi Agent Version”
values "DisplayVersion" of keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string starts with "Venafi") of keys of keys "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of (x32 registries; x64 registries)

Relevance for “Install Venafi Agent 17.2.0.0 x64” (Relevant if Venafi 17.2.0.0 or higher is not installed)

windows of operating system

x64 of operating system

not exists keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string starts with "Venafi" and value "DisplayVersion" of it as string as version >= version "17.2") of keys "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x64 registries